|Help keep pages up to date as best as possible!
This is a community effort, and should not be done by one person alone. Provide as much vital information as you can!
|Kylar the Loner|
Kylar the loner is a student met at School, encountered from the second week onwards. They attend the local School on Oxford Street, where they are openly despised by the rest of the students attending there.
They serve as one of the player's potential love interests. Although initially introduced as someone extremely shy, given enough time they will begin to warm up to the player. In return, they will start to become much more possessive of the player, to the point of being unsettling.
Due to their status as a love interest, Kylar's appearance will be mostly left up to player interpretation. Their description will remain consistent somewhat, regardless of what sex they are determined as. However, they will always be described as having a dark fringe. In addition, they are initially thought to have been in a lower year than the player, but they simply just have a small stature, and small hands.
Kylar is unique among NPCs in that their description varies slightly based on the player's physical attributes. Specifically, depending on the player's body size, Kylar's height relative to the player will be described differently.
- If the player is large: He/she's just quite short compared to you.
- If the player is normal: He/she's just small.
- If the player is small: Even with your short height, he/she's a little shorter than you.
- If the player is tiny: Even with your small stature, he/she's only a little taller than you.
They are notorious for carrying a knife with them at all times, especially down along the line. Fan intepretations tend to depict Kylar with green eyes due to their "Jealousy" icon showcased in their stats, although their eye colour in-game is unconfirmed.
Kylar can be encountered in one of two ways. The first will trigger naturally at some point during a playthrough. Note that triggering it in the first place is up to chance.
The player will first encounter Kylar while they're being bullied at school after a week of attending. A bag will land in front of the player, spilling its contents of pens and books across the school hallway floors. The player then spots the owner, held by their collar and pushed against a locker. They kick the bully, but to no avail. The bully taunts the victim, asking them if that's their "best" but not before grasping the victim's hair with their hand. "Lucky you. Hurting me would be stupid."
Other students ignore what is happening, or watch in amusement. At this point, the player is given three options:
- Watch but make sure they're okay after
Choosing to intervene has the player walk up to the bully. Both them and the victim stop to look at the player. They ask what the player wants.
- Defiant: "Let him go," you demand. "Or it'll be you up against that locker."
- Neutral: "Stop it," you say. "Bullying is wrong."
- Submissive: You avert your eyes. "L-let him go," you say. Don't be mean."
The bully regards the player for a moment, before laughing. Some of the audience joins in as well. The bully releases the victim's collar. "Sure thing," they manage to speak out through several wheezes. Their laughter redoubles as they state they do not want any trouble sarcastically, before staggering away.
Choosing to watch, but making sure they are okay after will have the player pick up the victim's bag and gather the books and pens together while the bully is occupied. The bully soon finishes, dropping the victim to the ground. Them and the gathered audience lose interest of the scene. The player is the only one still paying attention as they walk up to the victim and hold out their things - the victim steps back as if feeling threatened by the player.
- Defiant: "Don't let them get to you," you say. "They're not worth it."
- Neutral: "I hope you're okay," you say.
- Submissive: "I know what it's like," you say. "But it's okay. Things will be better."
The victim thanks the player with a stutter. The player initially thought Kylar was a younger student, but they seem to be about their age - they are just small. Regardless of the player's encounter, they will meekly state their name to be Kylar, before turning and running away from the player.
Choosing to ignore the situation will simply have the player continue on, not wanting to get involved. No one gives them a second glance. This will lead into the alternative scene of meeting Kylar.
A Little Bump
This second way of encountering Kylar is considered to be an alternative method of meeting them, and will trigger should the player either ignore the initial situation, or not have the event trigger in the first place.
The player rounds the corner, and bumps into a boy/girl. They scowl and look up at the player, before their face softens as their mouth is agape. Just as before, they introduce themselves meekly before running the way they came.
Kylar can usually be found within the school itself, but can also be found across the town. They have two timetables, one for when school is in session, and the other when school is not in session. These will be referred to as the "School Timetable" for the former, and "Personal Timetable" for the latter.
- 8AM-2PM: Found sitting a stump in the school's rear playground, or studying in the library. The player can interact with them for fifteen minutes of in-game time.
- 11AM-12PM: Sharing English class with the player.
- 12PM-1PM: Typically found within the school canteen, eating their lunch alone at a table. The player can choose to sit next to them for twenty minutes of in-game time, in which they will head to the library or rear playground afterwards.
- 3PM-6PM: Found at the Park after school, if it is not a rainy day.
- (Alternative) 3PM-6PM: Found within the Arcade after school, if it is a rainy day.
If Kylar is present in English class, they will do their best to get as close to the player as they can.
Outside of classes, Kylar is usually found in certain locations around the town. Their hotspots include the Park and Arcade respectively. After school is finished for the day, Kylar can be interacted with at these locations, for the same time-span of fifteen minutes of in-game time.
- 9AM - 6PM: Found within the Park on weekends, or if school is not in session. It must not be a rainy day.
- (Alternative) 9AM - 6PM: Found within the Arcade on weekends, or if school is not in session. Kylar will head here instead of the park if it is a rainy day.
- (Alternative 2) 9AM - 6PM: Stalking the player around the town. Only occurs once Kylar grows obsessive.
For both timetables, If Kylar is not present at one location, try another until they are found.
Kylar will also stalk the player around the town, once they grow obsessive. This is indicated by the blue prompt: "Something is watching you."
This works similarly to the red prompt in the Forest: "You are being hunted." The more time the player spends loitering or roaming around the area, the more chances of the player being interrupted by potentially dangerous beings lurking in the forest, such as Eden.
When first encountered, Kylar will act extremely shy towards the player, refusing eye contact or conversation whenever the player is around. It becomes clear that Kylar seems to have a hidden crush on the player. The player will have to break Kylar out of their shell to make them more confident. This is done by interacting with them.
At some point, Kylar will start to gain confidence, and begin to open up to the player. They may do things like openly smile at the player when they visit them, reveal their underwear to the player when teased, and try to sit next to the player when they choose to sit next to Robin. They may even offer to care for the player's birthed anal parasites. At higher Love, the player can receive pepper spray refills at random from Kylar.
Kylar's Opinion of the Player
- Default: Kylar is fixated on you.
- Low Love: Kylar is infatuated with you.
- Mid Love: Kylar is enamoured with you.
- High Love: Kylar is obsessed with you.
- High Jealousy: Kylar is hysterical.
- Dismissed: Kylar is imprisoned.
Jealousy, Love and Lust
As one of several love interests, Kylar has three primary stats. Love and Lust are two stats that all love interests share, with Kylar possessing a unique stat dedicated to them: "Jealousy."
- Raising Love requires the player to spend time with Kylar, chatting with them consistently. May also require a fair bit of Promiscuity. The Love stat starts at 0 and goes up to 20. Higher Love will unlock more events, making Kylar more confident, and the type that approaches the player instead of the other way around.
- Lust makes Kylar approach the player more frequently with lewd intentions, such as stalking the player around the town, or attempt to pull the player into a school closet. It is increased through many encounters, mostly when meeting Kylar without actually engaging in combat (actions that build up sexual tension without a way to release it).
- Pleasing Kylar sexually lowers Lust, as with all other love interests.
- A higher level of Lust makes Kylar more lustful towards the player, opening up more events.
- Lust starts out at 0 and goes up to 20.
- Jealousy is raised by seeing other people (such as Robin) instead of Kylar. It is lowered by hanging around Kylar. Higher Jealousy will open up more dangerous events.
With a good amount of Jealousy, when the player goes to visit them, Kylar will mumble this line: "Oh, you came to visit? Of course you did." If Jealousy is maxed out, Kylar may drug the player when they are eating lunch at the school canteen, causing them to collapse onto the ground. This will automatically initiate the Dismissing Kylar quest.
However.. this does not come without it's consequences. By getting close to Kylar, the player runs the risk of getting bullied themselves by the rest of the school, decreasing their Status over time. Kylar becomes obsessed with the player, to the point of it being creepy and overall unsettling. They will be aggressive towards those who would threaten their so-called love, such as one student "stealing" their seat next to the player.
At this point onwards, Kylar will begin to act more increasingly creepy and obsessed towards the player. Their obsession and overall jealousy of the player's activities may escalate to a very dangerous point, if the player is not careful. Here are several examples of Kylar's behaviour when in this state:
- Sketching numerous portraits of the player, during class and outside of class
- Making shrines devoted to the player, hidden in their locker.
- Reciting love poems about the player during English class, which may explicitly mention the player's genitalia - much to the player's' dismay.
- Admiring their knife
- Stabbing their food with a fork, or otherwise stabbing their hand.
Additionally, they may even break into the player's bedroom within the Orphanage while they are not there. They steal one of their undergarments, presumably to keep as a souvenir. When the player discovers the missing undergarment, one underwear clothing item will be removed from the player's wardrobe upon further inspection, meaning the player will have to buy more underwear typically. There is an odd chance that the player will catch Kylar sniffing the player's bed sheets.
Kylar will stalk the player around the town eventually, and a player who walks or loiters in town may bump into them. Kylar will then try to get the player to "do things" to them in an alleyway - this will initiate a consensual encounter should the player agree to this. However, refusing their request may not go well, possibly resulting in Kylar holding up a knife to the player's throat, akin to how they act with others.
While in this state, they may protect the player from harm by shooting tranquilizing darts at those who try to attack the player. They may damage the player's clothing slightly, by taking off a piece of fabric via an open window.
Sex with Kylar
During lewd encounters, Kylar displays a few quirks that differentiate them from standard NPCs.
- Kylar has their own unique combat lines. Alongside Bailey and Sydney, they're among the few characters in the game with unique lines, barring certain NPCs' virginity loss lines.
- After certain encounters, Kylar will bring the player to orgasm if they hadn't already during the encounter itself. They share this trait with Sydney, Whitney, and a high-Confidence Robin.
- If the player's set Love Interest is someone other than Kylar, and they mention that Love Interest via the Plead or Demand actions, Kylar will react as expected. | + Jealousy
- If the player is crossdressing/a hermaphrodite, if Kylar discovers the player's gender during an encounter, they'll react accordingly.
- If the player possesses the opposite genitalia from Kylar's, they'll be ecstatic. "You can make me/I can make you pregnant. I'd given up on making a family, but..." He/She starts to cry. "You can make me/I can make you pregnant...!" This raises their arousal in combat.
- If the player possesses the same genitalia as Kylar, they'll be disappointed. "Oh. I thought you were..." He/She shakes his/her head. "I-it's okay. We can always adopt." This lowers their arousal in combat.
- If the player is a hermaphrodite, Kylar will be shocked, but nonetheless pleased. "You have both...? I didn't think you could get any more perfect..." This raises their arousal in combat.
- If the player's gender aligns with their appearance, Kylar will show no reaction to their genitals, regardless of compatibility.
The player is able to dismiss Kylar for the rest of their current playthrough, should they not wish to deal with them anymore. Doing so will essentially remove Kylar from any possible interactions.
Provided the player either loses consciousness somewhere in the town or eats lunch with a "hysterical" (max Jealousy) Kylar, they will wake up to find themselves abducted by Kylar.
This will automatically initiate the Dismissing Kylar quest. For more information, visit the respective page.
Kylar can be brought back from prison after dismissing them, but this is not easy. See the Prison page for more information.
Note: The following events are not to be considered as a full, comprehensive list of Kylar's interactions in the game - but more rather their most notable interactions. As such, minor events may not be listed below. However, more interactions will be listed below as the character remains in development.
Kylar will begin to act more increasingly creepy and obsessed towards the player. Their obsession and overall jealousy of the player's activities may escalate to a very dangerous point, if the player is not careful.
For more information on Kylar's various interactions and events, see Kylar's Events.
Other pages detailing certain interactions with Kylar:
- Kylar is directly inspired by the "yandere" trope seen in other forms of media, more specifically within Japanese media.
- A typical yandere is depicted as holding a knife in their hand, and romantically fantasizing about the player to the point of obsession.
- However, yanderes will often kill those that threaten attention away from their love interest. This is untrue for Kylar, as there is no death involved in Degrees of Lewdity.
- Kylar is one of few NPCs confirmed to be a virgin, with the others being Robin, Sydney, and Jordan.
- When the player loses their virginity to them, Kylar will note that they are a virgin too and that they and the player were, as they put it, "meant for each other."
- Kylar was added to the game in Version 0.1.26. They were planned in development for a while, stated by Vrelnir since October 1st, 2018: https://discordapp.com/channels/492728311340990474/492822757877350400/496221248347439104
- Vrelnir was planning on adding a "yandere"-like character for a while, and it remained a frequent request in the community.
- The option to choose Kylar as a love interest was added in Version 0.2.13, along with the other love interests. They were not initially thought as a "love interest" prior to that however, merely a major NPC whom's relationship with the player can be advanced much further in comparison to other Named NPCs.
- Originally, Kylar's unique stat was named "Suspicion". It saw a rename in Version 0.2.7 to say "Jealousy" instead.
- However, the original name is still referred to in specific cases of the game, such as the cheat menu.
- The "Suspicion" stat was instead given to the Café for use during the Café Campaign.
"The following images showcased below are fan interpretations of what this character looks like in-game. Despite canon descriptions existing within the game itself, visual depictions of the character akin to the player sprite are best left to the player's own interpretation."
|Love Interests||Robin • Whitney • Eden • Kylar • Avery • Black Wolf • Great Hawk • Alex • Sydney|
|People of Interest||Bailey • Charlie • Darryl • Harper • Jordan • Briar • Sam • Landry • Leighton • Sirris • River • Doren • Winter • Mason • Morgan • Gwylan • Niki • Remy • Wren • Ivory Wraith • Mickey|
|Persistent NPCs||Black Dog • Prison Guards • Prison Inmates • Watchtower Guard