|Help keep pages up to date as best as possible!
This is a community effort, and should not be done by one person alone. Provide as much vital information as you can!
The Smuggler's Cave is a remote location west of the Beach, hidden among rock formations along the coast. It is home to lurkers, tentacles and other dangerous entities, but treasure awaits those who dare venture into its belly.
First time description upon entering the cave: "You swim into the cave, towards the soft light. Your hands grasp rock, and you pull yourself into a pocket of air. Bioluminescent lichen clings to the walls."
How to Enter
The player will need to go to the Beach first and go out into the sea. The player will then need to swim west, in the direction of some rocks. Upon climbing onto the rocks, away from view of town, a sheltered space atop one of the rocks stands above a deep pool. Slipping into the pool and diving inside will reveal a dim light all the way in the bottom of the pool. The player will need excellent Swimming in order to dive all the way in without drowning, since 11 turns are needed to reach and grab the white jewel. The player can then surface into the cave.
The only way into the Smuggler's Cave is through the pool mentioned above. After swimming all the way to the bottom, the player can surface at the cave. After this the cave can be explored, or the player can return into the water and swim back up. Going back will not take 11 turns like the descent did.
- Six Antiques can be found in this location:
- A White Jewel at the bottom of the pool, obtained upon entering the cave. On the Museum it will be displayed as a "Diamond".
- A Silver Dagger in good condition tucked away in an adjacent cave.
- Either a Rusted Cutlass or an undamaged Steel Cutlass which can be found locked in an ancient chest that can be picked open with Skulduggery.
- A Treasure Map which can be found in the chest at the very end of the cave.
- A Silver Compass that can be found in the same chest as the Treasure Map.
- Four Feats can be earned here, "Spelunking", "Leverage", "X Marks The Spot" and "Abnormal Mollusc"
- The only way into the cave is through the pool in the rock formations of the coast, but the player can exit this location via a hole in a wall of the Algae-coated Tunnel in the Old Sewers. However, the only way to exit the cave through there is after getting captured by the Smugglers. Alternatively, the Smugglers may let the player go away and climb some stairs through the Sewers and out into Town.
- This may indicate that there is an extensive cave system beneath Town, spanning the Old Sewers, the Smuggler's Cave, and possibly including the Underground Brothel.
- This is a very dangerous location, for the player is at risk of non-consensual encounters with tentacles, lurkers and also getting gangbanged by Smugglers.
People of Interest
When entering the cave through the pool at the rock formations in the coast, the player needs to dive all the way to the bottom and grasp the White Jewel. It will take eleven turns of underwater swimming to do so, and for this reason good Swimming skill is recommended.
In order to achieve this feat it is necessary for the player to get captured by the Smugglers. After being found and gangbanged by 6 smugglers, they will blindfold and restrain the player, taking them to a deeper part of the cave where other smugglers are. When prompted to dance, the player can demand their arms be unbound, and then snatch the knife from the smuggler's hand and threaten them. Good Dancing skill and the Defiant trait are necessary to anticipate the smuggler's movements and hold the knife against their throat. The player will get the feat after escaping the cave and entering the Old Sewers. However, it is very likely the player will pass out after this is done, for all the stress accrued in the previous gangbang.
X Marks the Spot (Feat and last antiques)
Reaching the end of the cave where the Treasure Map and Silver Compass are located can be very difficult, due to the size of the cave and the possibility of getting captured by smugglers. The player could consider turning back if having poor luck and picking up watchers early. Stopping to open every chest found along the way is not recommended, as doing so increases the number of enemies in pursuit. Wearing some kind of upper clothing is advised, as this will let the player escape the tentacle trap by wriggling free, sparing them from being caught at the cost of losing the piece of clothing. Players should remember that they can create Seaweed Tops when on the rock formations at the entrance of the cave at the coast.
The Slug encounter is significantly easier to get through than the smugglers gangbang due to the fact that the slugs will not kidnap you like the smugglers do. This will let the player continue navigating through the cave and escape without passing out. If getting to the end of the cave is your goal, it may be worth enabling slugs in the game settings, as this will reduce the likelihood of encountering the more dangerous smugglers.
When reaching the bottom of the cave, the player will find an old wooden throne with an elaborate chest. There the player can find the Compass. If possessing good Skulduggery, the player can discover a hidden compartment in the chest that can be pried open to find the Treasure Map, plus unlocking the feat "X Marks The Spot"
Should the player visit the throne again on another ocasion, only the Compass will be found.
Abnormal Mollusc (Feat)
Having the slugs toggle enabled in the game settings is necessary to achieve this feat. Exploring the cave for a prolonged period of time may end up in the player getting attacked by slugs. It is necessary for the player to pass out in this encounter, because after waking up the player will face a gigantic slug, which is presumably the parent of the smaller ones encountered before. The player will need to escape it in order to achieve the feat. Very good Athletics are recommended to do this.
- White Jewel (Displayed as a Diamond at the Museum)
- Rusted Cutlass
- Steel Cutlass
- Silver Dagger
- Silver Compass
- Treasure Map
- Spelunking (Feat)
- Leverage (Feat)
- X Marks the Spot (Feat)
- Abnormal Mollusc (Feat)
- This location was first introduced in Version 0.2.19.1
- The Smuggler's Cave was planned for several updates before 0.2.19, but was pushed back due to time constraints.
- The Smuggler's Cave may comprise a very wide network of caves, since it is connected to the Old Sewers as well. Smugglers can be intercepted both in the Old Sewers and in the rock formations of the coast near the beach shore, which is quite telling of the clandestine operations happening inside the cave itself.
- The Treasure Map, if handed to Winter in the Museum, is noted to depict the town and surrounding area. The X marking the treasure is located somewhere in the Harvest Trail, suggesting that the player will be able to uncover more high-value antiques in this area. In the deepest part of the moor, the map is used to dig up the Sonorous Bell antique.
The Smuggler's Cave shares location art with the Sewers, Old Sewers and Underground Brothel